[…] To sum up, there are some reasons why universities may want to adopt OER:
- Cost reduction: OER is free of charge.
- Mitigation of legal risks: OER avoids copyright liability issues while using platforms such as Zoom, Teams, Skype, and others.
- Improved quality of teaching: OER allows educators to tailor ER to their pedagogical needs while promoting an ethos of cooperation and openness which is the essence of learning.
- Support for social responsibility: OER promotes inclusive learning by providing quality learning materials to students that may not be able to afford copyrighted ones.
- Promotion: OER circulates with the brand name of the university or institution that created them. The more OER are disseminated, the more the university brand becomes well-known, perhaps worldwide, which may attract more students to enrol for paid or for-credit courses. […]
Leia a íntegra do artigo em: https://theconversation.com/open-educational-resources-for-emergency-remote-teaching-a-new-paradigm-155899?fbclid=IwAR1qbrZGlUyNI9wfE6Y4QdHU4v4MkMb4lK6tIzD8A-Y6sviosCL38iNMIKQ